Monday, May 9, 2011

Transfers

Forgive my lateness!

 

-----Original Message-----
From: Jacob Alexander Brown [mailto:jabrown@myldsmail.net]
Sent:
Friday, April 29, 2011 10:34 AM
To: Brown Family
Subject: Transfers

 

Hey everyone,

P-day was changed to today because of a crazy Mission President meeting in
São Paulo, and it has been a really long week. We worked like nuts and I have had more experiences that will be difficult to forget. This transfer, I can safely say that I have felt more alone and more pathetic than in any other time in my life, as well as very comforted. It is a very hard thing to be doing your supposed "best" and still having doubts as to the sucess of your efforts. Oil doesn´t mix with water, but if we churn it really hard and long and fast, it seems to come together. That was basically the theme.

This transfer will be interesting for a few reasons: yesterday, as we prepared a few houses for new Elders to move in (we´re receiving 22 new missionaries in the mission! For the first time in months we´re receiving more than we´re losing), and we got the transfer call. Both my companion and I were transferred! It was really strange - Elder Melo (who was my comp. a few months ago) will return to the area and baptize all the people we prepared. I will be going to the city of Paranaguá, no litoral (the beach!) with my first companion on the mission, Elder LOTT!!!! It´ll be so awesome to serve together and we´ve got a lot of plans for this new month.

It has really been strange how quickly the mission goes by. Serving in my current position for some time now, it´s easy to get tired and sometimes discouraged, but I´m starting to learn about what it really means to "magnify your calling" - it means looking beyond, searching for even more revelation, following the Spirit more, and running faster than before. If you´re tired, you need to keep going. If you´re worried about yourself and your own desires, the work won´t go forward and you will feel alone. My advice to all that read this email, even though I´m just one more missionary - normal and sinful - is to not think about your own interests, especially in the Lord´s work. It´s not worth it. I´ve learned that this transfer - when we COMPLETELY give ourselves to the Lord and do His will, because we want to, we wil be blessed with all that we need.

Love you all. Let´s pray for a huge wave in Paranaguá to baptize the whole city. That´s figurative, of course - don´t pray for that, please.

Elder Brown



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment